fresh hand made skincare

Monday 3 October 2011

Hello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpVcUl6Kd8k

Recently people have been asking me why I started making my own skincare? My interest in natural skincare started in my teens when a well known chemist chain introduced an upmarket range of natural skincare. This new range  looked and smelled amazing!.. and those gorgeous amber glass jars and bottles normally used for the dispensing of medicine, instantly had me wanting! I was fascinated by the list of ingredients that were clearly written on the labels, names like wild marshmallow,oats and honey all sounded fabulous to me but more like something you would eat rather than slather on your body! From then on I had the natural skincare bug! Even when I had my children I tended to veer away from the traditional baby skincare ranges because the ingredients sounded rather dubious and if I didn't use these sort of ingredients on myself I certainly wasn' going to use them on my little precious ones! So instead I tried to use pure vegetable soap and vegetable oils on them both...they never had nappy rash or any skin irritations. I eventually trained to become an aromatherapist and during one of our classes the teacher talked about making our own face cream using aqueous cream to which we could add essential oils. Of course I had to try this. Aqueous cream however has no real therapeutic value because it is more or less water and parrafin wax, so I started adding carrier oils and butters like olive oil, almond oil and cocoa butter that were rich in essential fatty acids, but I soon realised these were wasted in the barrier cream! I searched the internet in a quest for recipes and ingredients. I have worked tirelessly trying to improve my range, using more and more sophisticated ingredients while testing on friends and family. I am passionate about what I do and about the benefits of fresh natural & organic skincare..I hope you will love the products as much as I love making and using them! Let your skin GLOW with natural radiance! Jean x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jean. This is really good, it is compact yet full of information. Your reasons for natural skin care are the same as mine. I despise manufacturers who put claims on their products saying that theyre natural yet they have a multi year shelf life!! How can that be if it is natural?